Ethan loved getting a box down each morning to see what we were going to do!
One day we learned about the nativity, Lillie loved the little people nativity set
We mixed, rolled out, cut out and baked our own ornaments. The next day they painted them and when they were dry hung them on the tree. Several did not last long as Lillie kept pulling them off, but better those than our real ornaments!
We were lacking in snow so instead of making a real snowman one day, we made one with cotton balls. They really did like making them, Lillie just didn't want her picture taken that day!
We made gingerbread houses one Saturday. I bought them the year before on clearance after Christmas so we didn't eat them (though they wanted to!) I also hot glued the gingerbread pieces together, so much easier!
I wrapped 24 Christmas themed books for the kids to open and read each night. They really looked forward to opening them, though some were a little too long for Lillie to sit through.
Ryan and I were so excited for Christmas this year, it was the first time Ethan really got it and he couldn't wait for Christmas morning to come!
We debated on whether or not Lillie should get the dollhouse (I got it in a killer deal over a year ago) and ultimately decided to. I'm glad we did, when she walked down the stairs that morning, she got almost all the way down, stopped and said, "my house" as if of course there was a house for her. She wasn't surprised at all, it was like it was supposed to be there. She loves it and plays with it all the time.
Ethan was so excited to run down the stairs. He was thrilled with more train tracks, he has quite the collection now and sets them up so they span across the room. He also loves the pirate ship.
Our Christmas morning breakfast tradition are homemade cinnamon rolls. I start them the night before and pop them in the oven first thing in the morning and they are ready by the time the kids are done with their presents. Delicious! We had a relaxing Christmas morning playing with all the new toys. They really liked building the fort in their room.
Their new Christmas outfits before heading over to my parents house for dinner.
Me and my grandma on her 95th birthday!
Lillie loved my brother's cheesecake
Some pictures of the family
Lillie loves to sing, here she is showing off her itsy bitsy spider skills
Lillie getting in a quick snuggle with Grandma
Lillie with her cousin Cindy in their matching Christmas dresses
The next day we drove down to Maryland to visit. We got out to a good
start but a snowstorm brought us to a complete standstill. We finally
made it 3 hours after we should of. We had a great time seeing everyone
so much so that I forgot to take out the camera! I did manage to get a
few shots of the cousins playing together.
As the oldest ones, Ethan and Tyler had a lot of fun together!
Easton (in the middle) was born a month before Lillie and Zach was born 3 months after her.
Zach and Lillie both had to have their dolls, they were so cute with them!
Enjoying a book together!
We had a wonderful Christmas season, hope everyone else did too!


No comments:
Post a Comment