background

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A visit to see Ethan's great-grandparents

Yesterday, my siblings Rebecca and Matthew were headed over to my grandma's house to make pierogis so I decided to go as well.  I didn't get to help that much since I was busy watching Ethan but we did get to sit and visit while the dough was rising.
There is always time to read a book!
 Granny always pulls out this little pot when the great-grandkids come over.  Who knew an little old pot could provide so much entertainment?
My Dad also stopped by for a bit. Ethan got so excited when he saw him and immediately wanted to go outside.  Looks like Ethan will be like his Dad and Grandpas - interested in the outdoors and gardens
He has finally gotten tall enough to climb up onto chairs on his own. His favorite game is standing up on them.  Each time I would stand up from my chair, he would laugh and sit down on his own. As soon as I sat down, he would stand back up! The little stinker knew he wasn't supposed to be standing up and just trying to test me!
At Ita's and Ito's house, Ethan found another bench to play his game. This time I sat next to him and he promply got down. 
We love that we can take daily walks around the neighborhood.  
Once we take him out of the stroller, he bolts for the water any chance he gets
Today it was raining when we usually take our walk so this is what Ryan and Ethan did instead:
What can be better than watching Finding Nemo with Daddy while picking out the grapes and blueberries from the fruit salad?

2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Hey Ethan and Matthew are matching!

You are looking beautiful!

Let me know when you want to go shopping....

Rebekah said...

Ethan is getting so big! He will totally be a heart breaker when he is older. Paige still plays the stand up sit down game, I started counting to 3 before I get up, sometimes she listens!