background

Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Ethan is so lucky to have such a great Dad (and I am lucky to have such an awesome husband!) so I am glad we got to celebrate all he does for us yesterday.  Ryan wanted a low key day and thats exactly what he got.  I cooked the meals that he requested.  I wish he'd pick the meals everyday because I'd be happy with a rotating schedule of pasta, pizza and burgers! I am just not creative when it comes to meal planning.

He got in an after church nap (usually I take one) and then we went to relax in our yard.  We even started a campfire to roast marshmallows and make smores for dessert.  We were going to make one for Ethan to try, but before the fire got going, he walked back up to the house, went inside and tried to climb in the bathtub.  I guess he was done for the day! After a quick bath, he went right to sleep and Ryan and I enjoyed the fire.

Ethan loves to help his Daddy water the plants - just look at the concentration on his face!
He tried so hard to play in the water, but every time he reached for the water, it stopped! Good thing the wand is so long he can't squeeze the handle and play in the water at the same time!
Ethan enjoying a ride on Daddy's Father's Day gift!

PS After my afternoon nap today, I caught Ryan painting the Adirondack chairs! I should post my wish lists on the blog more often!

No comments: