background

Friday, May 21, 2010

Ethan's Favorite Book

Ethan has favorite book that is called Dig, Dig Digging. We read it to him at least 10 times a day. When I take him out of his crib in the morning, the first thing he does is go to the bookshelf and get the book. Through out the day, he will climb up the stairs to his room and pull it out for one of us to read to him. At night, we have to read it to him before putting him in his crib. I read it so often, that I have most of it memorized. In fact one day as I was straightening my hair, Ethan sat on the bathroom floor and flipped through the pages as I recited each little poem. He is still just babbling, but I wouldn't be surprised if his first word is "dig" as he seems really close to saying the title when he pulls it off the bookshelf.

Here is Ryan reading it to him about a month ago. The book was in much better shape then. I really need to find a board book version.

This morning as I was getting ready in the bathroom, I could hear Ethan talking to himself. I look in to find him like this:

At the end of the video, he headed over and sat on my lap to listen to me read it for the third time that morning.

Ethan loves to sit in that chair and look at all of his books. Ryan thinks I'm turning him into a nerd, but I just hope that he always loves to read.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Very cute! And just cuz he reads doesn't make him a geek...however if he only reads scifi and video game manuals...well Houston we may have a problem!!!

Sure anytime about the yarn...I'll have to look at the loom (KK) as I've seen them, but haven't used one. My friend K's kids use them....

Glad you updated, mentioned to your mom today! LOL