background

Friday, May 21, 2010

Ethan has his first sleepover

For the last 31 years my dad and his brother have gone to the Hartford Regional Farmers Market to buy flowers for their mother's yard.  It is their Mother's Day weekend tradition.  Since we have a yard now, Ryan and I decided to join them this year.  Unfortunately they go at 4:30am.  There was no way I was going to wake Ethan up that early, so we sent him to stay with Grandma the night before.  Ryan was a trooper, he came home Friday with a fever(which ended up lasting until Tuesday) and still got up at 4am the next morning.  For Mother's Day I requested a dogwood tree for the front yard. We found the perfect one at the market. We bought a few annuals and got out of there just as the rain started.

On the way home, we stopped for some delicious, still hot, bagels.  When I ordered a dozen, the man first thought I was kidding and then tried to talk me out of it, saying it was cheaper to buy a dozen on Wednesday.  I must not being showing that much, because who tries to tell a pregnant mother she can't have a dozen bagels for Mother's Day? Anyways, I didn't eat them all on Saturday, I let Ryan have some and saved a few for Sunday!
We picked up Ethan around lunch time and when by the time we got home, the rain had stopped. While Ryan and I were trying to decide where to plant the tree, Ethan found every puddle in the driveway.  He was soaked by the time we brought him in.
We got the tree planted the day we bought it, but it wasn't until the following weekend that we planted the annuals and mulched the flower beds. Ethan tried to help us, but his help consisted of throwing the dirt on himself. This landed him another trip to the bathtub. 

My Dad showed me an article recently about dirt being good for kid's immune systems. With the amount that he tried to eat that day, Ethan should have the strongest immune system around!
Here is my little tree and my little boy :-)

1 comment:

Traci said...

your house is so cute!! your yard looks great too!