Jocelyn Mae was born on March 23, 2013. She surprised us by coming on her own, no induction needed. On Friday the 22nd, my due date, I went in for my last appointment. There was no progress and I hadn't felt any contractions. Baby girl looked great and I had plenty of fluid. I scheduled an induction for the following Thursday. On Saturday the kids and I went to hang out with my parents while Ryan got his sub plans in order for his paternity leave. I started to feel some cramping that morning but didn't think much of it. I took the kids home after lunch and took a nap while the kids napped. The cramping continued after my nap so I finally called the doctor around 5pm. She said to come in and she was surprised when I said I hadn't packed my bag yet! I had fully expected to be induced the following Thursday. I packed my bag and one for Ethan and Lillie and drove them to my parents' house. We arrived at the hospital at 7:30. With a quick check they said I'm staying. The hospital was busy so we were stuck in a triage room. It took until almost 10pm for them to get me in a delivery room. After that is a blur because Jocelyn was born at 11:01pm! I went without an epidural this time yet it was a much easier birth than Ethan or Lillian. The doctor barely had time to make it in the room, she came out so fast! She weighed 9lbs, 2oz and 21 inches. She is my biggest baby. She has a full head of hair like her siblings, but it was much lighter than the other two. She definitely looks like a Fisher baby.
After she was born we had some weight issues. Early the next morning they weighed her in at 8lb2oz and were concerned about the rapid weight loss. But she was bounced back up the next day so they are thinking it was most likely a scale error on the second weigh in.
We took some time to agree on her name. I had always liked Jocelyn after having an adorable student with that name. Ryan had a few favorites that while cute, I just couldn't agree to. Since I got Jocelyn, he picked the middle name. He likes short names so we went down a list of one syllable girl names and Mae was chosen! We have decided to use the nickname Josie.
She is absolutely adorable and so far a great baby. The kids love her
and Ethan has done a pretty good job so far of being gentle with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment