background

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blizzard of 2013

Ryan wasn't supposed to get much of a February break this year, just Feb 15 and 18, instead of a whole week. However when the blizzard hit, he ended up getting 5 snow days! Which means he hasn't been in school since February 7 and won't return until February 19. Unfortunately they will probably take away part of Spring break and that will mean less time home for him with the new baby.  We've had a blast with him home though, and I'm sure the kids will miss him when he finally does go back to work.



 Lillian wanted to go out so bad, but Ryan was busy all day clearing snow and I wasn't about to go out there!
 You couldn't even see the fence for our garden
 The snow was higher than the swings on the swing set
 Good thing Ryan replaced the roof this past summer or the shed probably would have collapsed!

 My poor minivan was covered
 The snow was deep! Ryan was probably clearing snow for 8 hours the first day between our driveway and a neighbor's driveway.  Plus he cleared some of the street to help widen it and dig out our mailbox.  The town only plowed once on Friday and it was a one lane road for almost a week until it melted back. There was probably 3 feet of snow in front of our mailbox.
It took him awhile to dig out both cars
 Lillie and I made cookies for Ryan while he was out working.  Ethan has spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa and was stuck over there for the weekend.  Lillian and I had a lot of fun together and I had a respite from the ear piercing screams she is known for when Ethan is bugging her. 


The day after Ryan dug us out, he took Lillian sledding.  She loved all the one on one time she was getting! The pictures came out so cute, I couldn't resist putting so many on here: 

By the end she was so tired, it is a lot of work to move in snow almost as tall as you are! She would just sit there and yell "I'm stuck!" and wait for Ryan to pick her up and carry her back to the top.


No comments: