background

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A perfect end to spring break

On Saturday Ryan wanted to spend the day with his beloved chainsaw, but I was determined to do one more family outing before he went back to work.  So we made a deal and he cut down one tree before we were off on our adventure.  We decided to go to Ender's State Forest, a short 20 minute drive from us. We packed a lunch and took off!
 There were 6 different falls along the trail.  This was our favorite one.
There was a large trail that ran parallel to the river, perfect for a little boy who doesn't want to be held.
He still had to hold our hand when going down the smaller trails to each lookout spot
and be held when near the falls.
Here is the first falls, you can hear it from the parking lot. We loved it here, we only saw one other family while we were exploring the different falls.
He would have dove right into the water if we let him!
Another one of the falls, Ethan was struggling to get out of my arms the entire time!
I'll admit it, it made me nervous to have Ethan so close to the edge. Ryan always got so much closer!
I really wasn't on the edge, there was a ledge beneath me!
Ethan loved the waterfalls, we will definitely be going back!

After returning home, Ethan and I both took a nice long nap while Ryan went back out to do some yard work.  We had a delicious crockpot dinner and then Ethan and Ryan got ready for a bike ride.  Our nice neighbors noticed that I didn't have a bike and loaned me one until I get my own in a few weeks.  So we all headed out for a ride around the neighborhood and down to the lake.  It was a wonderful day and I can't wait for Ryan to be off for the summer! Good thing there are only 37 days left!

3 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Looks like a beautiful day! and congratulations!

Traci said...

looks like a great place to go, beautiful!!!
how fun you get your husband off of work for the summer!!

Heather and Kyle said...

That looks fun. My Ethan would be the same. Love the pictures