
Ryan has survived his first two weeks of school. He already has some interesting stories such as the $400 cell phone he confiscated on the first day. On the first day, my tía July(pronounced Julie) who is a crossing guard near the school, asked the students as they walked home who their math teacher was. Two girls said they had Mr. Fisher and said he was nice, sweet and they liked him. Though after two weeks, I wonder if they still think that! Ryan mentioned to another teacher about the lack of technology and soon after the principal came to him inquiring about the technology he had while student teaching. Now Ryan has an interwrite pad in his room that his principal got as a demo and Ryan will be demonstrating how to use it next week. Hopefully he can convince the principal to buy it so he can have it all year. The best part of the last two weeks was Ryan's first paycheck- we finally have money coming in again!
It is weird for him to go off to school and me stay home. I realized that this is the first fall from the time I was in kindergarten that I haven't started a new school year(hence the picture of me and my twin brother on our first day of kindergarten). The first few days were nice, but I'm already getting bored. So what have I been doing to keep busy? I've gone to my mom's first grade classroom several times to help out her with testing. I tried my hand at making a raspberry cheescake from the raspberries in the backyard. I don't like desserts and so never really made any therefore Ryan is using this extra time i have to get me to learn how to make his favorites. Anyone with easy recipes for desserts send them my way! Hopefully I can start subbing soon, I'm getting fingerprinted tomorrow, which will give me something else to do.

1 comment:
What a cute and true post. (Love the cute picture). Aaaah, shucks. This is a whole new world for you. I love hearing about it. Tell Ryan congrats and good luck. Does he love teaching? That cheesecake looks reallllly good.
How's the pregnancy going? You should post photo updates. Are you getting uncomfortable yet?
Post a Comment