On Sunday we celebrated my dad's 58th birthday and had lobsters for dinner. Oddly enough the lobsters we for the triplets birthday (September 18th) and not for my dad. Apparently this is a family tradition, but I've never been there for it so can it really be a tradition without me? Furthermore, Rebecca (a triplet) lives in Maryland so she wasn't even there! The lobsters were on sale this week so we had them now instead of closer to their birthday. I actually didn't eat it since I don't eat seafood, but Ryan did. He even found some Old Bay seasoning for it and introduced Ito (my grandfather) to some Maryland culture. The raspberries in the backyard are now in season so I did enjoy eating those instead!

Jessica climbing up the Sabino for our river cruise

Ryan could never be a whaler, he doesn't fit!

Matthew(my brother and a chef) getting the lobsters ready to steam

I love raspberries!
3 comments:
What a fun post. I'm with you on the family tradition thing!
So fun to see you getting a little belly. How are you feeling?
The lobster picture was awesome. Gee, I wonder who snapped that. ;)
Youre blog is so beautiful. Love it.
Deb
The boat ride sounds like alot of fun. I love lobster!! Looks like you are having a good time in Conn.
Jer
nice little bump there :) how is conn? Have you found a job yet? Hope the pregnancy is still going well :)
Post a Comment