background

Friday, July 4, 2008

That Cuban Place Cafe


Today we were headed to Baker Park in Frederick to take part in the 4th of July festivities but it started raining. Instead we went to this neat little Cuban restaurant in downtown Frederick. Its called That Cuban Place Cafe. Its tiny, but the food was good. I had ropa vieja (spicier than when I make it but still good) and Ryan and his parents each had a cuban sandwich. We also had a side dish of tostones, I had forgotten how much I liked those! We really enjoyed the food, next time I want to try to picadillo and Ryan wants to try the croquetas (seeing as my grandmother, Ita, never makes croquetas when we visit!) I'm glad the rain came, I think going to eat was a much better choice than walking around the crowded park and probably paying just as much for food that would be no where as good as the Cuban food. Now if only the rain would stop so we could see some fireworks!

Here's Ryan eating the Cuban sandwich




1 comment:

Sara said...

Hey! That little restaurant looks so fun:) Brad and I actually went to Bakers Park too! Luckily we got there when it wasn't raining. How is the preggo lady?!?!